Friday, June 29, 2012

Homemade Ginger Ale and How to Pit Cherries with A Beer Bottle and A Chopstick

I really needn't spend much of your valuable time on my homemade ginger ale experiment. Everything went according to plan and recipe but when I mixed my ginger simple syrup with club soda...it was disgusting! WAY too gingery. I'll keep working on it! 



However, when I saw this article, I thought, now really? Who doesn't have a cherry pitter but does have a chopstick? Ok, that would be me. And you know when I bought the stainless steel chopsticks I wondered if I would ever use them. 



Now I don't want to scare you but here is the result, two pounds of cherries later.

This method does work very well but you should know that you are taking advice from someone who:
1) does not own a cherry pitter and therefore cannot compare and contrast these methods for you and 

2) has not actually served her pitted cherries yet and cannot tell you if broken teeth are yet to come from biting down on a missed pit.

Stay tuned! I will be making this recipe later today!

(Note: I made the recipe linked above for Cherry Bread Pudding. We thought it was good, but not great so there will be no further photos or posting about it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment