Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Cowboy Cookies


Dear Lauren,

Cookies. And Roasted Ratatouille. That's what I brought to Sigma Kappa Family Day this year. You approved. And so did everyone else! And the Roasted Ratatouille won a prize for Best Dish! I sure wish I could take credit! But the credit belongs to Ellise Pearce and her Cowgirl Chef cookbook.


I made Neiman Marcus Cookies (with double the grated chocolate!) and Cowboy Cookies. 


Everything was terrific and so was the day.


And so were all of you! Just look at your pretty smiles! I love your room-mates! Caysie and Becky are a good match for you and I'm thrilled that all of you are so happy together! I hope you have good memories of this day. I always will.

Cowboy Cookies
adapted from Lemons and Lima Beans blog

1 1/2 cups flour 
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder 
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda 
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon 
1/2 teaspoon salt 
3/4 cup butter, room temperature 
3/4 cup sugar 
3/4 cup brown sugar 
2 medium eggs 
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla 
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (I used Guittard Bittersweet Chocolate Wafers.)
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats 
1 cup sweetened coconut flakes 
1 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.

Beat the butter on medium speed for a minute. Add both sugars and beat for two minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla. 

Stir in the flour mixture, until just combined. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until evenly distributed. 

Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and put it in the refrigerator for as little as two hours and as much as overnight. I use a scoop like this one (I got mine at Publix.) and bake the cookies for about 10 minutes until the edges of the cookies are golden brown. Cool the cookies a few minutes before transferring them to a cooling sheet. When the cookies are cool, you can freeze them for future use if you like. Or just gobble them up. They are SO good! 

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment