Monday, April 20, 2020

Skirt Steak Marinade

I apologize for no photo, I honestly didn't think this would be worthy of a photo or a mention of any kind!! We have made too many skirt steak marinades to count over the years and none have ever been quite right. This was a really good one, I would make this again - finally, hooray! I read every skirt steak recipe I could find in my own cookbook collection as well as several online recipes and took the parts I liked and mashed them right up.

1.5 to 2 pounds skirt steak, trimmed
3 green onions, roots trimmed, cut into thirds

1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (around 3 limes)
4 garlic cloves
1/2 teaspoon whole coriander, or 1/4 teaspoon ground
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ancho chile powder
1.5 Tablespoons anchovy paste or 2 anchovies
1 teaspoon oil
1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper

Place the skirt steak and the onions in a plactic bag or in a wide shallow bowl with a cover or use of plastic wrap. Place the rest of the ingredients in a blender and puree. Pour the marinade over the skirt steak and onions, making sure all surfaces are covered. Refrigerate for 24 hours. Before grilling, rinse marinade off the skirt steak, discard the marinade, and bring the beef to room temperature. Grill to desired doneness. We grilled ours over mesquite but if I wanted to grill in on a grill pan on my stove, I would bring preheat the broiler to medium, place a cast iron grill pan over high heat until screaming hot, and grill the meat for 2 minutes per side, finishing it under the broiler.

No comments:

Post a Comment