Sunday, April 19, 2020

Melissa's Grandmother's Biscuits

I met my friend Melissa at a legal conference. Three days later when the conference ended it was like leaving summer camp having just found a best friend. Thankfully,  we've been able to get together a few times over the years and have also kept up our friendship through social media, long phone calls, and texting.

She once told me, I love your guts out. That's a lot of love! I wouldn't trade her for anything! I love your guts out too, Melissa Cook! ❤

She kindly shared her grandmother's biscuit recipe with me recently,  knowing that I have an affinity for biscuit making. I took one look at it and said, I better half this recipe. No problem, her grandmother had written a half recipe out too! 

Obviously her grandmother knew my type well! Because what did I do? I just looked at the full recipe, decided I could do the math in my head and proceeded to measure out 50% of the flour and 100% of all the other ingredients. 🙄 All because I was just too smart to follow the half recipe this woman from the past took the time to write out. Maybe she just didn't KNOW my type,  maybe she actually WAS my type. I would'nt be surprised, because her granddaughter and I are two peas.
I'm very glad I made the whole recipe. The biscuit dough keeps in the fridge until you're ready to make it. I made a few today for Willie to have with gravy and for me to have with plum preserves, and another with just butter... and another with honey. Yes, I'm very full!  Willie made Alton Brown's pork breakfast sausage with his gravy. It's terrific if you'd like to try it out.

The soft texture of this biscuit to makes it perfect for breakfast but could also be perfect for a tender dinner roll. I'm going to use a cookie scoop tomorrow and see what happens. I might try the dough for dumplings too, I have a feeling it would work.

No comments:

Post a Comment