Monday, April 20, 2015

Smoky Sautéed Shrimp

Dear Lauren,

We just got back from our big, amazing trip to Italy! We didn't want to stop eating amazing Italian food but it had to end at some point (sob), so I decided to cook a recipe from my current cookbook I have from Cook My Book. I am SO glad I did! It was so much more than I thought it would be, the flavors rich and complex, and for simple and quick to make. Dad says it's a keeper and I agree.



Smoky Sautéed Shrimp

adapted from The Pollan Family Table

1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
3-4 large cloves of garlic, sliced thinly
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4  teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, cleaned, deveined, peeled (you may leave the tails on if you prefer), patted dry
2 Tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
1/4 lime
*serve with Jasmine rice or cauliflower rice

Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet. When oil shimmers, add garlic and stir until garlic becomes fragrant. Add all spices and stir. Increase heat to medium high and add shrimp in one layer. Cook shrimp without stirring for about 3 minutes. Stir vigorously, turning the shrimp on the other side and cook for about 3 more minutes. Remove pan from the heat, add lime juice and stir. Plate with rice, sprinkle with half the parsley, add shrimp and all contents of pan, sprinkle with the rest of the parsley and serve.

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment