Monday, August 5, 2013

Roasted Rosemary Potatoes


Dear Lauren,

Often this is the scenario. Dad cooks something amazing. But, he doesn't use a recipe and he doesn't keep notes. And he asks me to photograph his creation. And then I ask him to please try and talk me through what he cooked so I can write it down and make a recipe out of it. I want to make some of these things in the future and I need a recipe. NEED!

These roasted potatoes are something Dad made one day and they are so easy to make, I really didn't need a recipe. But, the photograph came out so well (it's my favorite, ever!) so I'm writing his creation into a recipe anyway. These potatoes are delicious and will go with anything. Or nothing. Just eat them.


Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
by Dad

white or red potatoes or any color at all, cut into 1-inch wedges
rosemary, fresh or dried
garlic, minced (optional...I like to leave it out, Dad likes to leave it in)
salt and pepper
Sciabica's Manzanillo Variety Fall Harvest Olive Oil

Preheat oven to 425°F.

Put some parchment paper on a rimmed baking sheet for easy clean up. Put the first four ingredients in a bowl and toss with your hands. Add a little olive oil and toss again and continue doing so until all of the potatoes have oil on them, but not too much. Put the potatoes on the baking sheet and spread them out in a single layer with space in between so the potatoes will roast and not steam. If you have too many potatoes, get out another baking sheet.

Place the baking sheet in the oven and roast for 45 minutes, or until you see that the potatoes have browned on the pan side and have a little browning on the rest of the sides.

Love,

2 comments:

  1. These potatoes do look fantastic--great photography! :) Will have to try

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary Frances - thank you! From both of us! Now I am 100% certain that this recipe is WAY better without the garlic! Maybe you can make it half and half and see which one of us is RIGHT! LOLOLOL!!!!

      Delete