Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Amaretto Honey from Eataly

Amaretto Honey (center) and Apricot Mostarda (right). The
honey steals the condiment show at Eataly in Chicago.
This is a picture of a jar of amaretto honey in Eataly Chicago. They served it with an Italian meat, cheese and bread platter and my friend Tamela and I fell in love with it. She bought some that day and I didn't. I really regretted the decision so I went back the next day and bought some along with a Wineskin to seal it up and take it home in my suitcase (which worked really well, by the way!) When I went back to Eataly, the area where they sell the honey was empty! No more honey? I struck up a conversation with a lady who worked there and she not only found me some honey (I bought two!), she told me that it is made by combining 8 parts honey to 1 part amaretto liqueur. Warm it in the top of a double-boiler and then stir in toasted , slivered almonds. So easy! So unique and delicious! If you are in a town with an Eataly, I highly recommend you go as often as possible (we visited three times in as many days in Chicago in April 2016!), you won't regret it!

1 comment:


  1. Great post! I never really thought about it but the best posts are always "Do" posts.
    Honey
    Thanks for the ideas!:)

    ReplyDelete