Monday, September 30, 2013

The Sexy Kir (Rhymes with Beer)

Dear Lauren,

Sometimes you want a special drink to serve to your girlfriends. I came across one when I was reading a cookbook called Sugar Cube. The gal that wrote this book has a food truck, and then she wrote a cookbook, and now she has a bakery!

Now, I read cookbooks from cover to cover and although I read other types of books, I really, really love reading cookbooks. A library just opened close to the house and I need to get over there one day and hang out and read cookbooks. I wonder if they have wi-fi at the library? I'll check it out and let you know.

So, back to special girl drinks. When I saw this drink in the cookbook I decided I'd bring the ingredients to my friend Julie's house. She'd invited us for dinner and I knew she and one other friend would be there, so I could at least two girls to taste The Sexy Kir since I don't drink. I figured the guys could try the drink, too. I mean, just because the drink is pink doesn't restrict it to girls, right? Julie loved it and so did our friend, Bear. I love that a man named Bear loves a pink drink, don't you?


The Sexy Kir (Rhymes with Beer)
adapted from The Sugar Cube cookbook

2 teaspoons Creme de Cassis
Sparkling Rosé

Take a champagne glass and put about 2 teaspoons of Creme de Cassis in it. Fill the rest of the glass with Sparkling Rosé and serve! Cheers!

Love,



P.S. Why am I not drinking alcohol? I've found out I have a medical condition that is causing me to change many things in my life to keep healthy.

P.P.S. Julie made her famous pizza for us. Ah-may-zing!

No comments:

Post a Comment