Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I Think I Invented Something


Dear Lauren,

I might have just invented something. I went out to the garden the day before yesterday. The mint was going crazy!



But I'd heard from my friend Woo that mint can take over a garden so it's best as a container plant. We (and when I say we, I totally mean Dad) still haven't gotten around to uprooting it and planting it in a container. So I decided I would cut it back a bit. But when I came in the house, I had no idea what I'd do with a handful of mint. So I did what I normally do in these situations. I stuck it in a Mason jar.



Later in the day, there it still was. In the Mason jar. Lush, green, happy. I still had no idea what to do with it so I filled the jar with water and stuck it in the fridge. I don't know why. Yesterday, there is still was. I tried to avoid eye-contact. But today I noticed the water was turning a lovely peachy-tan color. So I picked up the jar and drank some. It's great! It looks like tea but it tastes like sweet mint and there's nothing to it but mint and water. LOOK AT IT!

Is this a new invention? Or am I just not in the know?

Love,

4 comments:

  1. Um. I'm pretty sure you invented that. You need to get it patent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! That would give those government workers something to laugh about, wouldn't it?!

      Delete
  2. Hey, I'm in your blog! Cool. One thing about the container for mint. Mint grows and keeps growing...the roots that it. So every couple of years you're going need to either transfer to a larger pot or dig up the root mass, reduce it, and replant. So far, it's working for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woo, does this mean if I dig it up out of our garden, it's going to keep growing there? You have me scared about it taking over!

      Delete